It's not all about Justin Morneau
As it turns out, the Twins can survive without their MVP first baseman
After Justin Morneau went down on July 7, the Minnesota Twins immediately dropped four of five games. They were 1½ games back in the AL Central on that date and were struggling against the Chicago White Sox and Detroit Tigers.
More than a month later, things have changed. The Twins have surged of late -- even taking it to the White Sox in a head-to-head series -- and now have an 83 percent chance of making the playoffs.
How will the "dog days" play out for the Twins? Let's take a look.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Emotional Thomas, Torre headline HOF class
- Ortiz's homer reignites Red Sox-Rays rivalry
- Yankees fan returns lost Red Sox title ring
- Dodgers best Peavy, Giants to cap off sweep
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider MLB Content
- Antigua Women's Minnesota Twins Full-Zip Navy Discover Jacket