Cliff Lee may have put AL West on ice
This AL West race may be all but over, especially with the lefty in Arlington
Going into the season, the Texas Rangers were in turmoil. The team's owner was bankrupt, the slow roll towards an auction was set in motion and adding salary did not seem to be an option. Most preseason indicators had the Los Angeles Angels winning the AL West -- six division titles in a row will earn you some respect.
Now, those same turmoil-laden Rangers have better than a 90 percent chance to make the playoffs.
Seems the only question left is: Can this be sustained?
To see why the Rangers' victory in the West is almost inevitable and get access to all of Insider's MLB coverage for the stretch run, sign up today.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Emotional Thomas, Torre headline HOF class
- Ortiz's homer reignites Red Sox-Rays rivalry
- Dodgers best Peavy, Giants to cap off sweep
- Cards' Wainwright gets majors-best 13th win
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider MLB Content
- Majestic Women's Texas Rangers Yu Darvish #11 Royal T-Shirt