Kevin Youkilis is gone, but hope isn't
The Red Sox can get back into playoff picture; they just need to win within division
The Boston Red Sox won their first game of the season 9-7 against the New York Yankees. As a result, their 1-0 record had them in first place in the American League East. They haven't been in first place since.
The latest playoff odds have them with a 23 percent chance of playing meaningful games in October.
So -- can they get back into this race, even with all the injuries they've suffered?
For the full Red Sox breakdown here, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Dice-K defends Mets' Warthen after his slur
- Sandberg: Rollins not benched over remark
- Rays tab ace Price to start opener vs. Jays
- Red Sox's Peavy debuts after fishing injury
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider MLB Content
- Majestic Men's New York Yankees Cooperstown Navy/Black Raglan T-Shirt