Projecting the blockbusters
Using a next-level projection system, we can grade Thursday's big trades
There were a slew of deals Thursday: Roy Oswalt became a member of the Philadelphia Phillies in the largest one, but Matt Capps moved to the Minnesota Twins, Miguel Tejada moved to the San Diego Padres and Jorge Cantu became a member of the Texas Rangers. What follows is an analysis of each trade that utilizes ZiPS, a next-level stat projection system I developed at Baseball Think Factory. The biggest winners of the day both come from the NL East.
For all the projections, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Verlander allows one hit in 1st spring start
- MRI shows ligament injury in Medlen's elbow
- Orioles' Machado disappointed by new deal
- Cahill jams knee; Arroyo might be delayed
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider MLB Content
- FANMATS Baltimore Orioles Runner Floor Mat