Projecting the blockbusters
Using a next-level projection system, we can grade Thursday's big trades
There were a slew of deals Thursday: Roy Oswalt became a member of the Philadelphia Phillies in the largest one, but Matt Capps moved to the Minnesota Twins, Miguel Tejada moved to the San Diego Padres and Jorge Cantu became a member of the Texas Rangers. What follows is an analysis of each trade that utilizes ZiPS, a next-level stat projection system I developed at Baseball Think Factory. The biggest winners of the day both come from the NL East.
For all the projections, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Lester scratched from start but no trade yet
- Castro fly in 16th ends Cubs' longest game
- Machado homer puts O's past Angels in 12
- Yankees trump Rangers, Arencibia's 7 RBIs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider MLB Content
- Extended Sizes - Majestic Men's Authentic Baltimore Orioles Adam Jones #10 Cool Base Alternate Black Jersey w/ Patch