Projecting the blockbusters
Using a next-level projection system, we can grade Thursday's big trades
There were a slew of deals Thursday: Roy Oswalt became a member of the Philadelphia Phillies in the largest one, but Matt Capps moved to the Minnesota Twins, Miguel Tejada moved to the San Diego Padres and Jorge Cantu became a member of the Texas Rangers. What follows is an analysis of each trade that utilizes ZiPS, a next-level stat projection system I developed at Baseball Think Factory. The biggest winners of the day both come from the NL East.
For all the projections, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Angels won't limit ace Richards' workload
- Ryu, Dodgers 1st to have 3 11-game winners
- Jones' 2 homers power Orioles past Angels
- Ortiz (2 HRs) passes Yastrzemski in Sox rout
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider MLB Content
- Photo File Baltimore Orioles Camden Yards Framed Photo