A history of the 'win-win' deal
Manny for Bay, Randy for everyone and more solid trades of recent vintage
With the deadline quickly approaching, let's turn our attention to "win-win" trades; these are generally harder to find. Both teams' maneuvers being classified as a success happens only about 25 percent of the time in baseball dealings. Here are five modern examples of win-win trades that came in the weeks approaching the July 31 trade deadline. WAR -- wins above replacement -- is the primary stat used in these discussions, and you can find a definition for of the metric here.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Hart made president as Braves end GM search
- Royals roar past Giants to even World Series
- Lincecum needs reliever: Back 'pretty stiff'
- Alleged MLB drug supplier pleads not guilty
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider MLB Content
- Rico Seattle Mariners Small Static Window Cling