BP Daily: A Royal problem in K.C.
Alex Gordon's failure to develop speaks volumes about the Royals' organization
It wasn't that long ago that Kansas City Royals third baseman Alex Gordon was the next big thing. In 2005, he won nearly every individual award handed out in college baseball, with a .372/.518/.715 (batting average/on-base percentage/slugging percentage) line during his junior year at Nebraska while showing enough athleticism to add 23 stolen bases in 26 attempts.To see what went wrong with KC's handling of Gordon, you must be an ESPN Insider.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Tigers' Iglesias to sit out until break
- D-backs' Corbin exits start with tight forearm
- Orioles 3B Machado (knee) suffers setback
- Dodgers OF Crawford to skip Australia series
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
BASEBALL PROSPECTUS ON ESPN INSIDER
Baseball Prospectus brings its unique brand of baseball analysis to ESPN Insider.
Week of Sept. 7
Week of Aug. 31
Week of Aug. 24
Week of Aug. 17
Week of Aug. 10
Week of Aug. 3
- Majestic Men's Replica Kansas City Royals Alex Gordon #4 Home White Jersey