BP Daily: The problems with Papi
Ortiz had a slow start last year, too. So how concerned should the Red Sox be?
When a star player struggles, his performance raises questions about what is causing the problem, how long the slump could last and, most importantly, how to fix it. The problems of Red Sox designated hitter David Ortiz have garnered much attention during the season's first month. To break down what Red Sox fans want to know about Ortiz, Baseball Prospectus brings three separate lenses to analyze his dip in performance.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Baseball Hall cuts election eligibility to 10 years
- Red Sox deal Peavy to Giants for prospects
- Cardinals sign Pierzynski, play him Saturday
- Lester: I'd re-sign with Sox even if traded
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
BASEBALL PROSPECTUS ON ESPN INSIDER
Baseball Prospectus brings its unique brand of baseball analysis to ESPN Insider.
Week of Sept. 7
Week of Aug. 31
Week of Aug. 24
Week of Aug. 17
Week of Aug. 10
Week of Aug. 3
- GameWear Boston Red Sox Dustin Pedroia Classic Jersey Bracelet