BP Daily: The problems with Papi
Ortiz had a slow start last year, too. So how concerned should the Red Sox be?
When a star player struggles, his performance raises questions about what is causing the problem, how long the slump could last and, most importantly, how to fix it. The problems of Red Sox designated hitter David Ortiz have garnered much attention during the season's first month. To break down what Red Sox fans want to know about Ortiz, Baseball Prospectus brings three separate lenses to analyze his dip in performance.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Orioles 3B Machado (knee) suffers setback
- Dodgers OF Crawford to skip Australia series
- Rays OF Myers leaves with a bruised quad
- Matheny glad MLB trying to cut out collisions
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
BASEBALL PROSPECTUS ON ESPN INSIDER
Baseball Prospectus brings its unique brand of baseball analysis to ESPN Insider.
Week of Sept. 7
Week of Aug. 31
Week of Aug. 24
Week of Aug. 17
Week of Aug. 10
Week of Aug. 3
- Extended Sizes - Majestic Men's Authentic Boston Red Sox Jake Peavy #44 Cool Base Alternate Home White Jersey