Intel: Why Scioscia should start Napoli
A highly questionable lineup decision could cost the Angels a division title
With the advancement of baseball statistics, it's becoming less and less common to see clubs make egregious lineup mistakes. There was a time in the not-too-distant past when a manager could talk himself into putting a player into the lineup if he thought enough of the guy's intangibles. Nowadays, it isn't so easy to sell that to a media (not to mention an ownership) that's wise to the ways of OBP, isolated power and OPS+.
There are some poor decisions that slip through the cracks, though, one of which is ongoing and as inexplicable as any playing time Neifi Perez ever got.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- MLB briefs managers, GMs on replay system
- Source: Colon, Mets reach 2-year, $20M deal
- MLB plans to ban home plate collisions by '15
- Agent: Dodgers don't plan to trade Kemp
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Los Angeles Angels Red Signature Hoodie