Intel: Why Scioscia should start Napoli
A highly questionable lineup decision could cost the Angels a division title
With the advancement of baseball statistics, it's becoming less and less common to see clubs make egregious lineup mistakes. There was a time in the not-too-distant past when a manager could talk himself into putting a player into the lineup if he thought enough of the guy's intangibles. Nowadays, it isn't so easy to sell that to a media (not to mention an ownership) that's wise to the ways of OBP, isolated power and OPS+.
There are some poor decisions that slip through the cracks, though, one of which is ongoing and as inexplicable as any playing time Neifi Perez ever got.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Kemp laces winner in 10th to turn away Braves
- Cards deal for Masterson to bolster pitching
- Tigers' Scherzer sharp over 7, goes to 13-3
- Scratched Lester at Fenway amid rumors
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Authentic Seattle Mariners Dustin Ackley #13 Navy Cool Base Batting Practice Jersey