Astros having trouble in the clutch
Updated: April 14, 2009, 11:19 PM ETSpecial to ESPN.com
Editor's note: Inside Edge is a professional scouting service that supplies reports and tools regularly used by major league teams. The following look ahead is based on its scouting data.
THREE THINGS TO WATCH: WEDNESDAY
1. Anxious Astros stranding baserunnersSeven games into the season, the Houston Astros have scored just 16 runs, the fewest in the majors. Other teams have hit for worse than the Astros' overall .234 team batting average, but Houston has struggled mightily with runners in scoring position, going 6-for-35 with nine strikeouts:
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cubs activate Garza from DL, to start vs. Bucs
- Announcer: Sweets sunk Chapman Sunday
- Giants' Vogelsong to DL with broken hand
- Mattingly on hot seat rumors: 'I'm still here'