Mets must manage bullpen better
As the saying goes, those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it. With that in mind, Mets general manager Omar Minaya acquired Francisco Rodriguez and J.J. Putz in the offseason to fortify a bullpen that has collapsed in each of the past two Septembers.
If Baseball Prospectus' PECOTA projection system is to be believed, Mets fans surely will reduce their Maalox intake this season. PECOTA's weighted mean projections say Putz will produce a 2.63 ERA in 56 innings -- the fourth-best ERA among relievers this season. K-Rod, with a 2.74 ERA in 62 innings, will rank right behind him.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Baseball Hall cuts election eligibility to 10 years
- Red Sox deal Peavy to Giants for prospects
- Cardinals sign Pierzynski, play him Saturday
- Lester: I'd re-sign with Sox even if traded
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Seattle Mariners Jay Buhner #19 White Cooperstown Jersey