Drew's patience pays off
Originally Published: October 11, 2008Special to ESPN.com
Editor's note: Inside Edge is a professional scouting service that supplies reports and tools regularly used by major league teams. The following look ahead is based on its scouting data.
THREE THINGS TO WATCH: ALCS GAME 2
1. Drew proves you can hit if you don't swing the batThe Red Sox are a team that prides itself on patience at the plate. No team took fewer swings as a percentage of pitches seen than the Sox did this year, and they were tied for the lowest swing rate last season. That is why the acquisition of outfielder J.D. Drew in 2007 was not a surprise.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Price, Rays prevail with rally over Red Sox
- Lester: I'd re-sign with Sox even if traded
- Puig, Dodgers go on triple spree, rout Giants
- Davis homers in 10th as Orioles edge Mariners