D-Rays whiffing at league-high rate
Originally Published: July 30, 2007Special to ESPN.com
Editor's note: Inside Edge is a professional scouting service that supplies reports and tools regularly used by major league teams. The following look ahead is based on its scouting data.
THREE THINGS TO WATCH: MONDAY
1. K's are mounting for D-RaysThe Tampa Bay Devil Rays ended an eight-game losing streak by beating Boston on Sunday, but this has not been a pleasant month for the D-Rays, who are 6-19 in July. Most of the blame for their rough month falls on the pitching staff, but Tampa hitters are contributing by striking out in nearly a quarter (23.7 percent) of their July at-bats, the highest mark in baseball.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Ortiz: Yankees lost 'face of ballclub' in Cano
- Sources: Yankees open to trading Gardner
- Beard is back: Napoli, Red Sox agree to deal
- Sources: Beltran, Yanks reach 3-year deal