D-Rays whiffing at league-high rate
Originally Published: July 30, 2007Special to ESPN.com
Editor's note: Inside Edge is a professional scouting service that supplies reports and tools regularly used by major league teams. The following look ahead is based on its scouting data.
THREE THINGS TO WATCH: MONDAY
1. K's are mounting for D-RaysThe Tampa Bay Devil Rays ended an eight-game losing streak by beating Boston on Sunday, but this has not been a pleasant month for the D-Rays, who are 6-19 in July. Most of the blame for their rough month falls on the pitching staff, but Tampa hitters are contributing by striking out in nearly a quarter (23.7 percent) of their July at-bats, the highest mark in baseball.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Kemp laces winner in 10th to turn away Braves
- Cards deal for Masterson to bolster pitching
- Tigers' Scherzer sharp over 7, goes to 13-3
- Scratched Lester at Fenway amid rumors