D-Rays whiffing at league-high rate
Originally Published: July 30, 2007Special to ESPN.com
Editor's note: Inside Edge is a professional scouting service that supplies reports and tools regularly used by major league teams. The following look ahead is based on its scouting data.
THREE THINGS TO WATCH: MONDAY
1. K's are mounting for D-RaysThe Tampa Bay Devil Rays ended an eight-game losing streak by beating Boston on Sunday, but this has not been a pleasant month for the D-Rays, who are 6-19 in July. Most of the blame for their rough month falls on the pitching staff, but Tampa hitters are contributing by striking out in nearly a quarter (23.7 percent) of their July at-bats, the highest mark in baseball.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Sources: Yanks plan to block A-Rod bonuses
- Reds, C Mesoraco reach $28M, 4-year deal
- Royals, Dyson agree to 1-year, $1.23M deal
- Orioles acquire OF Snider in deal with Pirates