'I almost feel like I can see evil'
Six years after he was held at gunpoint, Morgan Ensberg is still facing down his fears.
Originally Published: August 23, 2006By Tom Friend | ESPN The Magazine
There's this one Houston Astro who's full of life. During batting practice, he'll tell Lance Berkman, "I think I'll learn to make sherbet from scratch." Or, in the midst of a pitching change, he'll tell Adam Everett, "Dodger Dogs are the best." Or, between innings, he'll ask Everett, "Cancún this winter?" His teammates love him, but they can't explain him. They can't explain why his pulse never rose during last year's World Series. Or why he won't argue with a bad umpire. Or why, this June and July, he insisted on playing with one good arm.
That one, a lot of people just don't get.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Kemp laces winner in 10th to turn away Braves
- Cards deal for Masterson to bolster pitching
- Tigers' Scherzer sharp over 7, goes to 13-3
- Scratched Lester at Fenway amid rumors
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's Houston Astros 59Fifty Home Navy Authentic Hat