Thome definitely has his swing back
In a matter of a month, Jim Thome has put himself back on the map as one of the majors' most feared sluggers.
The champs staged Jim Thome's "homecoming" the day after Thanksgiving weekend, right there at U.S. Cellular Field. It was all so warm, so fuzzy, so downright all-American, there should have been a marching band playing in the back of the room.
At one end of the podium, White Sox assistant GM Rick Hahn helped recreate a scene we've witnessed about 1.6 billion times before, holding up a White Sox jersey with "THOME" on its back and smiling for the popping flashbulbs.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cubs not sure when ailing Castro will return
- Garza goal: Kick Cubs' 'teeth in every time'
- Twins lock up closer Perkins on 4-year deal
- Boras: Morales, Drew willing to wait for deals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth Chicago White Sox Black Color Sheen Wristlet