Thome definitely has his swing back
In a matter of a month, Jim Thome has put himself back on the map as one of the majors' most feared sluggers.
The champs staged Jim Thome's "homecoming" the day after Thanksgiving weekend, right there at U.S. Cellular Field. It was all so warm, so fuzzy, so downright all-American, there should have been a marching band playing in the back of the room.
At one end of the podium, White Sox assistant GM Rick Hahn helped recreate a scene we've witnessed about 1.6 billion times before, holding up a White Sox jersey with "THOME" on its back and smiling for the popping flashbulbs.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Yankees fan returns lost Red Sox title ring
- Lane change: Ex-OF gets 1st start for Padres
- Dodgers land 2B Barney in deal with Cubs
- Rays activate Peralta from DL; Bedard DFA'd
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Sparo Women's Chicago White Sox Charm Watch