Rays should play Upton in the outfield
Turning Craig Biggio, when he was 26, from a catcher into a second baseman man, that was hard. No player in the history of the game had made that move. Not successfully. Maybe not at all.
Turning the young Cal Ripken from a third baseman into a shortstop brother, that took a lot of (Earl Weaver's) guts. There had never been a 6-4, 200-pound shortstop before. Not one, not even for a moment.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Headley wins it in 14th of debut with Yanks
- Schoop's 2-run HR helps O's beat Angels
- Rockies place Tulowitzki (hip strain) on DL
- Lincecum posts first save as Giants need 14
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Tampa Bay Rays Home White Ben Zobrist #18 Jersey