Rays should play Upton in the outfield
Turning Craig Biggio, when he was 26, from a catcher into a second baseman man, that was hard. No player in the history of the game had made that move. Not successfully. Maybe not at all.
Turning the young Cal Ripken from a third baseman into a shortstop brother, that took a lot of (Earl Weaver's) guts. There had never been a 6-4, 200-pound shortstop before. Not one, not even for a moment.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Royals reportedly agree to deal with Volquez
- Source: Padres acquire OF Myers from Rays
- Oliva sees great potential in U.S.-Cuba relations
- Source: Giants, Romo finalizing $15M deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Women's Tampa Bay Rays Long Shot V-neck Navy T-shirt