Rays should play Upton in the outfield
Turning Craig Biggio, when he was 26, from a catcher into a second baseman man, that was hard. No player in the history of the game had made that move. Not successfully. Maybe not at all.
Turning the young Cal Ripken from a third baseman into a shortstop brother, that took a lot of (Earl Weaver's) guts. There had never been a 6-4, 200-pound shortstop before. Not one, not even for a moment.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves add Ervin Santana to bolster rotation
- Verlander allows one hit in 1st spring start
- Orioles' Machado disappointed by new deal
- Cahill jams knee; Arroyo might be delayed
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Sparo Women's Tampa Bay Rays Charm Watch