Rays should play Upton in the outfield
Turning Craig Biggio, when he was 26, from a catcher into a second baseman man, that was hard. No player in the history of the game had made that move. Not successfully. Maybe not at all.
Turning the young Cal Ripken from a third baseman into a shortstop brother, that took a lot of (Earl Weaver's) guts. There had never been a 6-4, 200-pound shortstop before. Not one, not even for a moment.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Agent: Lester didn't tell Sox contract terms
- Cain to meet with Dr. Andrews about elbow
- Royals' Hosmer in lineup; Vargas improving
- Reds slugger Bruce goes on bereavement list
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's Tampa Bay Rays 9Forty Pinch Hitter Navy Adjustable Hat