Restovich could help Cubs fill Lee's void
Originally Published: April 21, 2006By Rob Neyer | ESPN Insider
Derrek Lee's out for two months with a broken wrist. Maybe three. And wrist injuries are notoriously fickle. Lee might not be right again until 2007. I suppose we should assume the Cubs are now essentially out of the postseason derby (if they weren't already). But you know, sometimes they'll fool you. And the Cubs aren't paying Greg Maddux all that money to battle for third place. So let's assume for the moment that the Cubs shouldn't give up, and that they still do have a measurable chance of winning 88 games.
So then the question becomes, who's on first? (And yes, I do know who's on third.)
First, let's check the ol' organizational depth chart.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Headley wins it in 14th of debut with Yanks
- Rockies place Tulowitzki (hip strain) on DL
- Jeter becomes Yanks' all-time doubles leader
- Angels won't limit ace Richards' workload
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Authentic Street Signs Chicago Cubs 'Wrigleyville' Street Sign