Epstein's return good news for Yanks?
The Red Sox, an organization supposedly fueled and built by reason, seem to be running largely on emotion, writes Rob Neyer.
It seems that Buster was 100 percent right. Really, though, is this any way to run a baseball team?
Three years ago, it became apparent that Red Sox owner John Henry's intention was to create his own think tank, essentially devoted to winning more games than the Yankees. Made sense to me. Here was one baseball man's reaction, though: "Yes, they've got a lot of smart guys working for them. But it might be a case of too many cooks stirring the pot."
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- GM says Tanaka still has elbow discomfort
- Zimmerman hamstring injury requires DL stay
- MLB suspends Padres' Maybin 25 games
- Rangers' Rios returns, unfazed by rumors
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Boston Red Sox Heritage Navy/Red Raglan Three-Quarter Sleeve Shirt