Jason Bay can't stay this bad (right?)
You don't need to believe in miracles to like Mets in '11
Broadly speaking, Rubin is probably right: New York has a lot of money tied up in a few players, many of whom (Carlos Beltran and Jason Bay) are major question marks. That said, not all hope is lost in Queens. In fact, I can think of at least five good reasons why the Mets could easily make the playoffs next year.
To read Meyers' five reasons to believe the Mets will improve in 2011, you need to be an ESPN Insider.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Sources: Yanks plan to block A-Rod bonuses
- Reds, C Mesoraco reach $28M, 4-year deal
- Royals, Dyson agree to 1-year, $1.23M deal
- Orioles acquire OF Snider in deal with Pirates
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's New York Mets Authentic Collection Dri-fit Hypercool Royal T-shirt