Angels need to focus on future
From promoting Howie Kendrick to trading Orlando Cabrera, the Angels need to forget about 2006 and focus on 2007.
Originally Published: July 3, 2006By Keith Law | Scouts Inc.
The Angels were a trendy pick to win the AL West this year, but instead they've been the worst team in the league outside of the AL's two perennial doormats, the Royals and Devil Rays (who are on pace for their ninth straight 90-loss season). Yet media reports have focused on what GM Bill Stoneman can do to improve the club in 2006. Here's the answer: nothing. And that's exactly what Stoneman should do.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cubs not sure when ailing Castro will return
- Garza goal: Kick Cubs' 'teeth in every time'
- Twins lock up closer Perkins on 4-year deal
- Boras: Morales, Drew willing to wait for deals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Party Animal Los Angeles Angels Applique Banner Flag