Speed is nice but often overrated
Wheels on the basepaths always impress, but few players can outrun mediocrity
- Andrew Burton/Getty ImagesSnyder might be the slowest pro athlete ever, but that doesn't mean he's a bad player.
Since the latest issue of ESPN The Magazine is devoted to speed, I thought it would be a good time to reveal the following factoid: The slowest athlete in the history of baseball, maybe even in all of sports, is a current major leaguer. While you take a moment to guess who he is, I'll explain how we know.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- 'Nervous' Bonds back with Giants in new role
- 'Intrigued' Skeeters invite McGrady to camp
- Cano gets 3 hits in Mariners' loss to Royals
- Braves' Beachy leaves with elbow tightness
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN The Magazine: February 21, 2011
Check out ESPN The Magazine's February 21, 2011 issue below.
- MLB Home
- AL East
- Baltimore Orioles
- Boston Red Sox
- New York Yankees
- Tampa Bay Rays
- Toronto Blue Jays
- AL Central
- Chicago White Sox
- Cleveland Indians
- Detroit Tigers
- Kansas City Royals
- Minnesota Twins
- AL West
- Houston Astros
- Los Angeles Angels
- Oakland Athletics
- Seattle Mariners
- Texas Rangers
- Fantasy: Sign up!
- Spring blog