Perceptions of history are slippery
Congratulations. Sincerely, congratulations. Frankly, the hysteria displayed by both the fans and the media over Bonds' pursuit of the The Babe's and Hammerin' Hank's magical numbers has been truly revolting.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Tigers get Price in 3-way deal with Rays, M's
- Red Sox trade Lester to A's for Cespedes
- Yanks get Red Sox's Drew, D-backs' Prado
- Cards land Lackey, send Craig to Red Sox
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
715: Bonds Passes The Babe
• Gillette: End the witch hunt
• Shea: Bonds puts Babe in rearview mirror
• Kurkjian: Bonds' tumultuous journey to 715
• Bonds hits No. 715 to pass Ruth
• Experts: Barry's chances of catching Aaron?
• Quiz: How well do you know the No. 2 players?
• Rank 'Em: Top 10 HR hitters of all time?
• Fan nabs No. 715 standing in concession line
• 'Witnessing history': Piazza, others react
• Giants' radio call dies as 715 flies
• Chasing Aaron
• Bonds blasts homer No. 715
• Baseball Tonight reacts
• Bonds' press conference
• Fan grabs a piece of history
• Caple: Long way to 755
• Neyer: Nobody can replace The Babe
• Experts: Rating the accomplishment
• Vote: Does Bonds catching Ruth matter?
• Mailbag: Your thoughts on Bonds' 714th
• Stark: We won't forget Ruth
• Caple: "Babe on Babe"
• Crasnick: Super-sized No. 713
• Bonds uncertain about '07
• The Bambino and the media