New era at Coors
In other news, global warming is good for you, Dick Cheney is leaving the White House to become a Chippendales dancer, and Ozzie Guillen has been named to head the linguistics department at the University of Chicago.
If anything is a given in Denver, it's lousy pitching. In their first 13 seasons, the Rockies ranked last in the league in ERA 10 times and next to last the other three years. Joe Kennedy is the only Colorado starter to pitch an entire season and finish with an ERA below 4.00, and the list of single-season franchise leaders includes such names as Kevin Ritz, David Nied and Marvin Freeman.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Halladay retires after 1-day Blue Jays deal
- Trade talks for OF Kemp active, agent says
- It's unanimous: Torre, La Russa, Cox to Hall
- Jeter: Will miss Cano, not surprised he left
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Colorado Rockies Dri-FIT Mesh Black Adjustable Hat