Arroyo, Phillips paying immediate dividends
The Reds, who entered the season with minimal expectations, have been one of baseball's big early surprises, writes Jerry Crasnick.
Before his arrival in Cincinnati, Krivsky spent 12 years in Minnesota doing everything from negotiating contracts to preparing salary arbitration cases for GM Terry Ryan. He also grew accustomed to eating in media dining rooms and sitting behind home plate with a stopwatch while scouting the National League.
Now, all of a sudden, Krivsky is watching games from a private booth upstairs and standing in front of a mirror tying Windsor knots. It's enough to make a guy feel like a big shot.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Cano thanks N.Y., finalizes big Mariners deal
- Rule 5 pick Nieto on Biogenesis clinic list
- Source: Joba, Tigers agree on 1-year deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Cincinnati Reds Bronson Arroyo #61 Authentic Cool Base Home White On-Field Jersey