Astros 'somewhat optimistic' about Clemens' return
Judging from the tone of Purpura's comments Thursday, the Astros have more reason than not to be upbeat as they await word on whether their 43-year-old Hall of Famer-in-waiting will give it one more shot.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- MRI shows damage to Corbin's UCL in elbow
- HOF Schmidt recovering from skin cancer
- Orioles' Machado: Don't know about opener
- Multiple batters hit as Pirates-Phils gets testy
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Houston Astros White/Navy Crush T-Shirt