Colletti has his work cut out
Pat Gillick. Gerry Hunsicker. John Hart. Dayton Moore. Tony LaCava. Chris Antonetti. And most notably, Theo Epstein, who left Boston and apparently had zero interest in going to Los Angeles, even when Frank McCourt held out a potential ownership stake as a carrot.
Baseball's crown jewel franchises sure don't have the cachet they used to have.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Kemp laces winner in 10th to turn away Braves
- Cards deal for Masterson to bolster pitching
- Tigers' Scherzer sharp over 7, goes to 13-3
- Scratched Lester at Fenway amid rumors
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Forever Collectibles Youth Los Angeles Dodgers Team Color Flip Flops