Future is now for Daniels, Friedman
The phenomenon of young, aggressive "Moneyball" general managers, a hot topic in baseball these days, hits close to home in Texas and Tampa Bay. Daniels, 28, became the youngest GM in history when Rangers owner Tom Hicks named him to replace John Hart in October.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Dice-K defends Mets' Warthen after his slur
- Sandberg: Rollins not benched over remark
- Rays tab ace Price to start opener vs. Jays
- Red Sox's Peavy debuts after fishing injury
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Women's Texas Rangers Yu Darvish #11 Royal T-Shirt