Future is now for Daniels, Friedman
The phenomenon of young, aggressive "Moneyball" general managers, a hot topic in baseball these days, hits close to home in Texas and Tampa Bay. Daniels, 28, became the youngest GM in history when Rangers owner Tom Hicks named him to replace John Hart in October.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- MLB briefs managers, GMs on replay system
- Source: Colon, Mets reach 2-year, $20M deal
- MLB plans to ban home plate collisions by '15
- Reports: Yanks nix Gardner-for-Phillips deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Tampa Bay Rays Evan Longoria #3 Camo Memorial Day Replica Jersey