Pitchers poised to make 'the leap'
Six hurlers with the stuff to emerge like Max Scherzer did in 2013
- AP Photo/Al BehrmanMat Latos has been on the edge of greatness for a couple of years.
One of 2013's big stories was the emergence of Max Scherzer, the eventual American League Cy Young Award winner. Though he entered the season with a career-best ERA of 3.50 and neither an All-Star Game or Cy Young vote to his name, the 28-year-old righty dominated the AL en route to a 21-3 record, a sterling 2.90 ERA, and the Cy Young Award.
For a complete look at the pitchers poised to take a major step forward, become an Insider today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Royals' Hochevar needs Tommy John surgery
- Report: D-backs, Perez agree to $4.25M deal
- Nats' Fister held out with elbow inflammation
- Padres' Maybin to avoid surgery on biceps
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MLB ON ESPN.COM
Third baseman Hanley Ramirez has become an indispensable cog in the Dodgers' lineup.
- The Highland Mint Max Scherzer American League Cy Young Winner Dirt Coin Photo Mint
- MLB Home
- AL East
- Baltimore Orioles
- Boston Red Sox
- New York Yankees
- Tampa Bay Rays
- Toronto Blue Jays
- AL Central
- Chicago White Sox
- Cleveland Indians
- Detroit Tigers
- Kansas City Royals
- Minnesota Twins
- AL West
- Houston Astros
- Los Angeles Angels
- Oakland Athletics
- Seattle Mariners
- Texas Rangers
- Fantasy: Sign up!
- Spring blog