Pitchers poised to make 'the leap'
Six hurlers with the stuff to emerge like Max Scherzer did in 2013
One of 2013's big stories was the emergence of Max Scherzer, the eventual American League Cy Young Award winner. Though he entered the season with a career-best ERA of 3.50 and neither an All-Star Game or Cy Young vote to his name, the 28-year-old righty dominated the AL en route to a 21-3 record, a sterling 2.90 ERA, and the Cy Young Award.
For a complete look at the pitchers poised to take a major step forward, become an Insider today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cubs not sure when ailing Castro will return
- Garza goal: Kick Cubs' 'teeth in every time'
- Twins lock up closer Perkins on 4-year deal
- Boras: Morales, Drew willing to wait for deals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MLB ON ESPN.COM
Some say Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton could emerge as one of the game's best hitters.
- The Highland Mint Max Scherzer American League Cy Young Winner Dirt Coin Photo Mint