MLB's most unheralded player
Edwin Encarnacion hits like an MVP but garners a fraction of the hype
That trio and many others are valid guesses, but none of them make it into the top five, and if not for the big picture at the top of this article giving it away, you might have been cycling through names in your mind for hours before coming up with Edwin Encarnacion. Often thought of as not even being the best hitter on his own team, the truth is that the soon-to-be 31-year-old Toronto slugger is one of baseball's elite bats and still is almost certainly the sport's most underappreciated power source.
To see why Edwin Encarnacion is MLB's most underappreciated hitter, become an Insider today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Dice-K defends Mets' Warthen after his slur
- Sandberg: Rollins not benched over remark
- Rays tab ace Price to start opener vs. Jays
- Red Sox's Peavy debuts after fishing injury
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MLB ON ESPN.COM
The defending champion Red Sox sit atop our Future Power Rankings.
- Majestic Men's Replica Toronto Blue Jays Roberto Alomar #12 White Cooperstown Jersey