MLB's most unheralded player
Edwin Encarnacion hits like an MVP but garners a fraction of the hype
That trio and many others are valid guesses, but none of them make it into the top five, and if not for the big picture at the top of this article giving it away, you might have been cycling through names in your mind for hours before coming up with Edwin Encarnacion. Often thought of as not even being the best hitter on his own team, the truth is that the soon-to-be 31-year-old Toronto slugger is one of baseball's elite bats and still is almost certainly the sport's most underappreciated power source.
To see why Edwin Encarnacion is MLB's most underappreciated hitter, become an Insider today.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Agent: Lester didn't tell Sox contract terms
- Cain to meet with Dr. Andrews about elbow
- Royals' Hosmer in lineup; Vargas improving
- Reds slugger Bruce goes on bereavement list
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MLB ON ESPN.COM
Jon Lester could soon be wearing a different uniform. But which uniform?
- Antigua Women's Toronto Blue Jays Royal Pep T-Shirt