Red Sox must re-sign Drew
Boston needs to stop being coy and bring back the productive shortstop
But more than a month into the winter, Drew's market has been relatively soft. The St. Louis Cardinals, the team most desperately in need of a shortstop, instead signed Jhonny Peralta. Other potential fits such as the New York Mets have spent their money elsewhere first, and rumored trade targets such as Elvis Andrus and Asdrubal Cabrera further complicate the market.
Considering Drew's rocky health history and the qualifying offer/draft-pick compensation that hangs over his head, he might not be finding a home as easily as we may have thought he would.
For the Red Sox, this presents the perfect scenario, one that they can use to their advantage: They need to bring Drew back.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Dice-K defends Mets' Warthen after his slur
- Sandberg: Rollins not benched over remark
- Rays tab ace Price to start opener vs. Jays
- Red Sox's Peavy debuts after fishing injury
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MLB ON ESPN.COM
The defending champion Red Sox sit atop our Future Power Rankings.
- Extended Sizes - Majestic Men's Authentic Boston Red Sox Jake Peavy #44 Cool Base Alternate Home White Jersey