Biggest missed chances of winter
What these five clubs should have done instead of standing pat
With just a month until pitchers and catchers report for spring training, most of the heavy lifting of the winter has been done. There are a few solid free agents left in Michael Bourn, Kyle Lohse and Rafael Soriano, and there's still a Justin Upton trade out there to have, but on the whole, most of the biggest opportunities have already been taken. It's a zero-sum game, so one team's improvement comes at the misfortune of other teams. While there's still time to move the needle a bit, it's clear which teams didn't take advantage of the opportunities present in the offseason. Here are my top five.
For a full breakdown of the biggest missed opportunities of the winter -- plus access to all of Insider's MLB coverage -- become an Insider today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves add Ervin Santana to bolster rotation
- Braun signs first post-ban endorsement deal
- Verlander allows one hit in 1st spring start
- Orioles' Machado disappointed by new deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- American Needle Men's Baltimore Orioles Back 2 Front Orange Adjustable Hat