Biggest voids created by FAs
These five teams will suffer most from not replacing key free-agent departures
As this offseason's free-agent class has been shaken and largely settled, some of the jilted teams are left in fine shape. Some immediately went out and patched the hole -- the Atlanta Braves, for instance, grabbed B.J. Upton immediately to fill the Michael Bourn void -- while others had replacements ready to go, making their free agents expendable.
Not everybody was so lucky or so prepared, however, as one can see by observing the voids forming where free agents used to be.
Here's a look at the five positions where teams are still scrambling to replace talent or will need an in-house option to exceed expectations lest they face a looming black hole at the position.
For the full list -- and complete access to Insider's baseball coverage -- sign up today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves add Ervin Santana to bolster rotation
- Mets pitching coach apologizes for Asian slur
- Brewers' Garza confident despite 19.06 ERA
- Tulowitzki hit by pitch on leg, is day to day
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth Replica New York Yankees Masahiro Tanaka #19 Home White Jersey