Trout leads historical quartet
We could be watching the best group of young hitters of all time
Keith Law's ranking of the best players in MLB under the age of 25 is exceptional for several reasons, but perhaps most notable is that none of the cream of the crop is anywhere close to the age limit. In fact, when you look at what Mike Trout, Bryce Harper, Giancarlo Stanton and Jason Heyward did in 2012 -- with Stanton and Heyward being the veterans, having played last season at age 22 -- it becomes clear that we just saw a season for the history books.
Much has been written about Trout and Harper, both of whom had all-time great seasons for their age bracket, but baseball has seen two phenomenal rookie hitters come up together before. Baseball has not, however, seen four players this young who were this good in the same season in nearly 50 years.
To see why the Trout-Harper-Stanton-Heyward quartet is historically great, become an Insider today.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Marlins turn back Nats with 4-run rally in 9th
- Rangers' Darvish K's 8 in win over Yankees
- Cabrera, Dickey help Jays trample Red Sox
- D-backs outlast Reds, get win in 15th inning
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Extended Sizes - Majestic Men's Authentic Atlanta Braves Jason Heyward #22 Cool Base Alternate Ivory Jersey w/ Patch