It'll be a good summer for Red Sox
Think the pen's a problem? It's not really. Defense? Not really, either. And away we go.
Last season was one that theBoston Red Sox would like to forget, but 2011 is shaping up as their season of no excuses. Sure, they lost Victor Martinez (Tigers) and Adrian Beltre (Rangers), but they gained Carl Crawford and Adrian Gonzalez and can expect a full season from Dustin Pedroia at second. The early win simulations from Baseball Prospectus' Clay Davenport have them leading the AL East field with 95 victories.
Obviously the Sox are going to score runs, but equally impressive to their projected attack is that they might lead the league in run prevention.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Headley wins it in 14th of debut with Yanks
- Schoop's 2-run HR helps O's beat Angels
- Rockies place Tulowitzki (hip strain) on DL
- Lincecum posts first save as Giants need 14
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider MLB Content
- Nike Men's New York Yankees Tri-Blend St. Patrick's Day Green T-Shirt