It'll be a good summer for Red Sox
Think the pen's a problem? It's not really. Defense? Not really, either. And away we go.
Last season was one that theBoston Red Sox would like to forget, but 2011 is shaping up as their season of no excuses. Sure, they lost Victor Martinez (Tigers) and Adrian Beltre (Rangers), but they gained Carl Crawford and Adrian Gonzalez and can expect a full season from Dustin Pedroia at second. The early win simulations from Baseball Prospectus' Clay Davenport have them leading the AL East field with 95 victories.
Obviously the Sox are going to score runs, but equally impressive to their projected attack is that they might lead the league in run prevention.
For the full take here, you need to be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Agent: Dodgers don't plan to trade Kemp
- Sources: M's add Hart; Morrison deal close
- Trumbo heads to D-backs in 3-team trade
- Reports: MLB agrees to Japanese bid system
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider MLB Content
- Majestic Men's Boston Red Sox Brushback Heathered Steel T-Shirt