Look for the Oakland A's in 2011
The AL pennant winners are from the AL West, sure, but don't sleep on Oakland
If you've been following the AL West this offseason, you've undoubtedly seen the Texas Rangers and Los Angeles Angels make most of the headlines. Obviously, this isn't a surprise -- both clubs have been linked to big-time free agents, such as Cliff Lee, Carl Crawford and Adrian Beltre. And other than the Oakland Athletics' brief pursuit of Beltre earlier this month, neither Oakland nor Seattle, the division's other two teams, have made much noise. But let's not forget about the A's. Now that we know that neither Crawford or Lee will be coming to the AL West, this division is as wide open as any. Here are five good reasons to believe Oakland will contend in 2011.
For the full take on the A's, you must be an Insider.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Yankees fan returns lost Red Sox title ring
- Lane change: Ex-OF gets 1st start for Padres
- Dodgers land 2B Barney in deal with Cubs
- Rays activate Peralta from DL; Bedard DFA'd
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Triple Peak Men's Oakland Athletics Josh Donaldson Green T-Shirt