Looking up to an Angel
Nobody in the game today manages a team better than Mike Scioscia
The SetupIt isn't easy to pick "the best manager in baseball." You have to decide what to make of four of the winningest managers in history: Bobby Cox, Tony La Russa, Joe Torre and Lou Piniella. You have to decide what to make of longevity in a job that isn't really conducive to that sort of thing -- in the distinguished cases of Jim Leyland, Dusty Baker, Bruce Bochy and Cito Gaston.
So what is it, exactly, that puts Scioscia ahead of names such as La Russa, Francona, Gardenhire and Cox? Jayson's got the facts to make his case, but to check it out and weigh in, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cards deal for Masterson to bolster pitching
- Tigers' Scherzer sharp over 7, goes to 13-3
- Scratched Lester at Fenway amid rumors
- Presidential farewell: Jeter honored by Bush
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Hot Stove U., which runs from Jan. 11 to Feb. 18, taps into the vast knowledge of ESPN's diverse collection of contributors and presents 30 need-to-know topics for 2010.
- Majestic Men's Replica Los Angeles Angels David Freese #6 Alternate Red Jersey