Wild Pitches: The First Half That Was
It's been a great year to be a right-handed thumper named Lee. (No, not Cliff.) It's been a really great year to say your baseball team used to play in Quebec. And it might be the greatest year ever to be a fan of that OTHER team in Chicago.
It's been not-such-a-great-year, on the other hand, to be a name on the BALCO witness list, a manager in Tampa Bay or an owner in Da Bronx.
But whatever kind of year it's been where you live, it's only half-over. So here's Wild Pitches' special, slightly tilted look back at the First Half That Was -- featuring a special guest appearance by the always-amusing Doug Glanville, checking in from the baseball retirement resort.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Halladay retires after 1-day Blue Jays deal
- Trade talks for OF Kemp active, agent says
- It's unanimous: Torre, La Russa, Cox to Hall
- Jeter: Will miss Cano, not surprised he left
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Albert Pujols Los Angeles Angels Triple Play Photo Display