Rollins is no Gold Glover
Alan: Hey there. One guy I think you overlooked, in your discussion of Triple Crown near-misses, was Gary Sheffield. In '92 he led the NL only in batting average, but he was two off the home run leader and nine behind the RBI leader (though he finished fifth), and I think he was actually first in all three for a good chunk of the season, maybe as late as August.
Funny if after all this talk of Derrek Lee, A-Rod winds up winning a Triple Crown.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves add Ervin Santana to bolster rotation
- Hamels: Arm 'really good' after pen session
- O's Wieters out several days with ankle sprain
- Braun signs first post-ban endorsement deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth New York Yankees Bullpen Full-Zip Navy Track Jacket