White Sox win low-score affairs
9-11 (White Sox's record in games they shouldn't win)
When teams don't score more than three runs, they nearly always lose. You might be thinking, "Is it really so hard to win a game in which you score three runs?" No, it's not. But three's the upper limit here; all those three-runs-or-fewer games also include twos, ones and zeroes. And it's awfully hard to win if you don't score.
Anyway, a year ago the Cardinals were 13-33 (.283) in games in which they scored three or fewer runs, and they were the best in the majors. Meanwhile, the White Sox last season were 7-50 in those games, third worst in the majors.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Dice-K defends Mets' Warthen after his slur
- Sandberg: Rollins not benched over remark
- Rays tab ace Price to start opener vs. Jays
- Red Sox's Peavy debuts after fishing injury
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Boston Red Sox Grey/Navy Raglan Long Sleeve Shirt