Rangers need to make move
Tom Hicks jettisoned A-Rod to right the Rangers' ship. With Texas in first place, Hicks shouldn't stop now.
Originally Published: June 24, 2004By Rob Neyer | ESPN Insider
In a recent column about the long-term future of the American League West, I essentially dismissed the Texas Rangers. Which is consistent, at least, because I've been ignoring them when discussing the short-term future of the American League West, too. Is that at all fair, though? After all, not only are the Rangers in first place today, but they're in first place on merit. They've scored more runs than both the Athletics and Angels, and they've allowed (slightly) fewer than the Angels (and not many more than the Athletics). I'm still not convinced the Rangers are for real, but it's late enough in the season that we've got to take them seriously.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Agent: Lester didn't tell Sox contract terms
- Cain to meet with Dr. Andrews about elbow
- Cobb fans 12 as Rays win 11th of past 12
- Dodgers' Scully will return for 66th season
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Extended Sizes - Majestic Men's Replica Texas Rangers Neftali Feliz #30 Home White Jersey