Astros, A's on roll
Kruk discusses the great play of the Oakland Athletics and Houston Astros.
It was surprising that anyone was caught by the drug policy for the simple reason that players knew they were going to be tested. How dumb does a guy have to be to get caught for drugs when he knows there is going to be a test? That's just a moronic move, especially when combined with the already stupid move of taking steroids.
Instead of talking about the boneheaded moves of a few players I'd much rather talk about the wild-card races and the great job the Oakland Athletics and manager Ken Macha have done in the past few months. Macha has this team working on all cylinders with Barry Zito pitching his butt off after a lot of people -- including myself -- doubted him after his earlier struggles.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Dice-K defends Mets' Warthen after his slur
- Phils' Rollins: No idea why I'm benched
- Rays tab ace Price to start opener vs. Jays
- Red Sox's Peavy debuts after fishing injury
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Toronto Blue Jays Roberto Alomar #12 White Cooperstown Jersey