'Every scout has to make his own decision'
Another Amherst alumnus -- former Expos and Red Sox general manager Dan Duquette -- gave Huntington a piece of career advice nearly 15 years ago that he never forgot: "If you want to be successful in this business, you either have to learn to evaluate talent or find someone you trust who can do it for you."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves add Ervin Santana to bolster rotation
- Braun signs first post-ban endorsement deal
- Verlander allows one hit in 1st spring start
- Orioles' Machado disappointed by new deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Atlanta Braves Scrum Navy T-Shirt