Junior back to enjoying sweet success
Just when it looked like Ken Griffey Jr. was for the most part washed up, he's again an elite-level player.
Griffey hit his 534th career homer Sunday to move into a tie for 13th place on the career list with Jimmie Foxx, who grew strong as a youth by milking cows and doing chores on the family farm. Next up: Mickey Mantle, who hit 536 homers with arm strength forged through years of swinging a sledgehammer in the mines of Oklahoma.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cubs not sure when ailing Castro will return
- Garza goal: Kick Cubs' 'teeth in every time'
- Twins lock up closer Perkins on 4-year deal
- Boras: Morales, Drew willing to wait for deals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Cincinnati Reds Onfield V-Neck Red T-Shirt