Junior back to enjoying sweet success
Just when it looked like Ken Griffey Jr. was for the most part washed up, he's again an elite-level player.
Griffey hit his 534th career homer Sunday to move into a tie for 13th place on the career list with Jimmie Foxx, who grew strong as a youth by milking cows and doing chores on the family farm. Next up: Mickey Mantle, who hit 536 homers with arm strength forged through years of swinging a sledgehammer in the mines of Oklahoma.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Tigers outlast Angels for Scherzer's 12th win
- Back to Seattle: Mariners acquire Morales
- Twins call off Knoblauch induction post-arrest
- Ortiz (back) questionable for Price rematch
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- GameWear Team-Colored Cincinnati Reds Baseball Bracelet