Junior back to enjoying sweet success
Just when it looked like Ken Griffey Jr. was for the most part washed up, he's again an elite-level player.
Griffey hit his 534th career homer Sunday to move into a tie for 13th place on the career list with Jimmie Foxx, who grew strong as a youth by milking cows and doing chores on the family farm. Next up: Mickey Mantle, who hit 536 homers with arm strength forged through years of swinging a sledgehammer in the mines of Oklahoma.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Marlins turn back Nats with 4-run rally in 9th
- Rangers' Darvish K's 8 in win over Yankees
- Pirates' Worley blanks Giants with 4-hitter
- Cabrera, Dickey help Jays trample Red Sox
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's Cincinnati Reds 39Thirty Clubhouse Flex Hat