Nationals have the makings of 'America's Team'
Originally Published: July 4, 2005By Jerry Crasnick | ESPN Insider
WASHINGTON In his first general managing job, Jim Bowden grew accustomed to brushing St. Bernard hair off his clothes and building competitive teams on Chihuahua-sized budgets in Cincinnati. Those were the hazards of working for Marge Schott. So it's understandable that he regards every day with the Washington Nationals as a good day.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Lester scratched from start but no trade yet
- Machado homer puts O's past Angels in 12
- Yankees trump Rangers, Arencibia's 7 RBIs
- Cain to meet with Dr. Andrews about elbow
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Soft As A Grape Women's Washington Nationals Funnel Neck Red Shirt