Reds, Indians searching for answers
The Indians and Reds began the season with high expectations, but both have failed to deliver.
Up the road in Cleveland, the mood was similarly upbeat. The Indians were far enough along in their rebuilding process to hope that a jump from 80 wins to contention was a legitimate possibility. Some people even picked them as a dark horse to unseat the Twins in the American League Central.
So much for Grapefruit League projections. In both cities, the euphoria lasted just long enough for those Florida tans to fade and the warts to emerge.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Papi's pitch: Red Sox shouldn't trade Lester
- Lane change: Ex-OF gets 1st start for Padres
- Yankees fan returns lost Red Sox title ring
- Dodgers land 2B Barney in deal with Cubs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Cincinnati Reds Spark Red Polo