Padres relying on running game
The White Sox' improved pitching staff is one of several April developments that will bear watching this season.
Beyond the headlines, the daily statistics and leaderboards also revealed some trends that will bear watching this season. Here are 10 some surprising, some not-so-surprising that happened to catch our eye:
1. The White Sox's pitching
Ozzie Guillen's team is 4-2 this year when it scores two runs or fewer. That sounds like no big deal, until you consider the White Sox had a 3-86 record in those games over the previous two seasons.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Lester scratched from start but no trade yet
- Dodgers' Scully will return for 66th season
- Eleven suspensions issued for Triple-A brawl
- Cain to meet with Dr. Andrews about elbow
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Extended Sizes - Majestic Men's Replica Texas Rangers Prince Fielder #84 Home White Jersey