Milton doesn't fear surroundings
Armed with a new sinker, Eric Milton is confident he can bolster the Reds' staff.
Instead, he turned himself into a human road map. Milton's body is adorned with tattoos from the University of Maryland and the New York Yankees, Minnesota Twins and Philadelphia Phillies. And after the Reds signed him to a three-year, $25.5 million deal in December, he paid tribute to his new club by having a red Cincinnati "C'' inscribed on his left ankle.
Some labels stick no matter how hard you work to shed them. Milton's admirers point to his 72-57 career record as evidence that he knows how to win games. Teammates, managers and coaches respect him for his work ethic, businesslike demeanor and refusal to whine even when he's giving up 330-foot homers in a bandbox.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Marlins turn back Nats with 4-run rally in 9th
- Rangers' Darvish K's 8 in win over Yankees
- Pirates' Worley blanks Giants with 4-hitter
- Cabrera, Dickey help Jays trample Red Sox
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Cincinnati Reds Camo climalite T-Shirt