U.S. far deeper and talented than World team
Any outfield that has Cardinals prospect Colby Rasmus as its fourth outfielder has to be pretty strong, and the U.S. team's outfield is stacked. It's headlined by 2006 participant Cameron Maybin, a five-tool outfielder who was the 10th overall pick in the 2005 draft. Maybin is a potential superstar who projects to have above-average power and who can either be a plus defender in center or, if he outgrows it, a plus right fielder due to his strong and accurate arm. Maybin's biggest question is how much he'll hit for average, as he's had some trouble making contact and his pitch recognition isn't great.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Tanaka may not be available to MLB suitors
- Brewers deal Aoki to Royals; Braun to RF?
- Source: Wilson, Dodgers reach $10M deal
- Yankees introduce McCann: He fills a need
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
JULY 8, 2007: FUTURES GAME
Dodgers prospect Chin-Lung Hu earned MVP honors, leading the World team to a 7-2 rout of the U.S.
• Hu drives in two in World victory
• Jerry Crasnick: Upton on fast track to D-backs
• Keith Law: Studs, duds from Futures Game
• Keith Law: Talented U.S. squad
• Keith Law's Futures Game breakdown
• Morales, others shine for World